We have 4240 guests and one member online
SJ Flat Menu
Adding RSS/Atom syndicated content inside your Joomla! website is now super-easy and simple with the 'Simple RSS Feed Reader' module from JoomlaWorks. All you have to do is add a few feeds to the module parameters, publish the module in some position and that's it! You can even publish multiple feeds at the same time (meaning in the same module instance) and have them display combined!
The "Simple RSS Feed Reader" module is based on the same feed parsing engine that powers JoomlaReader.com, the most popular Joomla! news aggregator in the Joomla! Community.
The feeds are stored inside your Joomla! site's cache folder and refreshed in a specific time interval, which you set in the module's parameters. This feed cache is different to Joomla!'s cache, as you may need to have your site refreshed every 5 minutes, but have the feeds the module retrieves stored longer than 5 minutes.
- one input box for feeds enables you to add unlimited feeds per module instance
- combine multiple feeds into one output list
- show or hide the first image inside each feed content
- extract and resize remote images for more layout control - we use Mobify's world class image resizing service for fast loading times and without stressing your server
- additional content options include pre-text, post-text and a custom link option at the bottom of the feeds block
- MVC templating is now standard, module comes pre-packed with 2 generic templates that will fit most sites - they also serve as a great starting point if you want to create your own
- one input box for feeds enables you to add unlimited sources to your module (previously limited to 20 feeds only per module instance).
- option to redirect all external feed links through your site's domain (slighly improves your SEO).